Welcome to Recipe Link Love Week! I’m spending this entire week trying recipes from my fellow real food bloggers. These are recipes that I have been dieing to make, but haven’t had the time to do so. I hope you all enjoy reading about these amazing bloggers and their recipes!
The most difficult step in making this dessert is opening the coconuts. I use a cleaver and a hammer. I also want to note, that you don’t have to have a vita-mix to make this. I used my food processor to make the filling and the chocolate fudge crust.
Things I Did Differently -
- I did not add coconut water to the filling. It had a very nice consistency without it (I’m sure this step depends on your coconuts. Add water if needed.)
- I added a teaspoon of bourbon vanilla to the filling.
What I Like About This Recipe -
- Its easy to make
- The crust tastes like fudge goodness!
- The filling actually tasted like a custard you would normally use for a pie
- My husband (who is a picky eater) LOVED this pie! Its a keeper for sure!
If you love coconuts and chocolate, please give this recipe a try! You won’t regret it!