Welcome to Recipe Link Love Week! I’m spending this entire week trying recipes from my fellow real food bloggers. These are recipes that I have been dieing to make, but haven’t had the time to do so. I hope you all enjoy reading about these amazing bloggers and their recipes!
A few weeks ago I came across a blog called RiddleLove. Katie, the author of Riddlelove, shared a recipe for a raw coconut creme pie. This pie looked divine! Coconut and chocolate are my two favorite foods in the world! I have made several raw desserts, all of which have been so-so. Nothing compared to a “regular” dessert. This, recipe on the other hand, is THE BEST COCONUT CREME PIE I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE! My husband took one bite and told me he wanted me to make this for his birthday!
The most difficult step in making this dessert is opening the coconuts. I use a cleaver and a hammer. I also want to note, that you don’t have to have a vita-mix to make this. I used my food processor to make the filling and the chocolate fudge crust.
Things I Did Differently –
- I did not add coconut water to the filling. It had a very nice consistency without it (I’m sure this step depends on your coconuts. Add water if needed.)
- I added a teaspoon of bourbon vanilla to the filling.
What I Like About This Recipe –
- Its easy to make
- The crust tastes like fudge goodness!
- The filling actually tasted like a custard you would normally use for a pie
- My husband (who is a picky eater) LOVED this pie! Its a keeper for sure!
If you love coconuts and chocolate, please give this recipe a try! You won’t regret it!