Coconut Wraps Recipe

I’ve had a blast trying to make raw-grain free wraps the last few days. Thank you Leslie, over at Health By Coconut on Facebook  for the inspiration! Leslie posted on her facebook page about her raw coconut wraps she purchased recently. After looking for them online, I discovered that they were not available in my area. So I decided to try to make them! These are very easy to make. You do need to have a food processor and dehydrator to make them, though you may be able to use your oven to dehydrate them too. This recipe will make one large coconut wrap or you can make a few small, corn tortilla size wraps!

Raw coconut wraps

2 cups raw coconut meat (only from young coconuts)
1-2 Tbs of raw coconut water
1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt

Process the coconut meat and sea salt in food processor until it becomes mush. Add raw coconut water until it reaches a spreadable consistency.

Spread coconut batter on dehydrator sheet (or you can use parchment paper). Do not spread too thin or you will end up with holes in your wrap. 1/4 inch thick is about right.

Place in dehydrator at 105 degrees. Check it every few hours. Once it is dry and solid on top, flip it and dehydrate for a few more hours. I left mine in the dehydrator for 8 hours, flipped it, and dried it for another 8 hours (over night). In the morning I had a very pliable wrap, which I used to make this delicious raw crepe!

This crepe is filled with raw yogurt cheese, 1 raw egg yolk, vanilla and stevia. Read here, if you would like to know how to make easy yogurt cheese. I then topped it with frozen raspberries and raspberry sauce. For the raspberry sauce, I used the whey left over from making the cheese and blended it with a handful of raspberries.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy this recipe!

List Price: $300.00
Current Price: $194.44
Buy Now
Price Disclaimer

• Angie March 10, 2011, 3:58 pm

I love this recipe! I just wish I had a food dehydrator. Hopefully I will soon!

• My Journey With Candida March 10, 2011, 4:54 pm

Those look amazing!!!

• Diana Bauman March 10, 2011, 8:00 pm

What a great recipe! I'm going to give this a try as your photos look amazing! Thanks for sharing this on Simple Lives Thursday.

• 6512 and growing March 11, 2011, 2:20 pm

Oh that looks gorgeously wonderful.

• Tiffany - The Coconut Mama March 11, 2011, 10:57 pm

Thanks everyone! I hope you all enjoy these :)

Angie- I had to wait a long time for my dehydrator! We ended up buying the smallest one, which was also refurbished! It was a great price! I hope you can get one someday. They're awesome!

• The 21st Century Housewife© March 18, 2011, 8:32 am

That looks just beautiful – and so good for you too!

• Lisa@The Nourishing Homemaker March 19, 2011, 5:14 pm

How cool! I wonder if these would work for a tortilla in a savory dish. I stink at making tortillas, but might manage them in a dehydrator.

Your dessert looks wonderful! Yum!

• Lauren March 30, 2011, 7:38 am

I have a question about coconut water, I was hoping you could help.. So, I opened up 3 green coconuts I bought, and went ahead and got the water out so they wouldn't go bad. I put all the water in a Tupperware container in the freezer, and when I looked today, there is a purple slime on the top and bottom of the water. Do you think it’s still OK to use? Should I scrape off the purple and use that? I wasn’t sure if it was just oxidation or what. Thanks!!

• April @ The 21st Century Housewife April 1, 2011, 2:59 am

Hello again! I was just thinking, you might like to link your delicious tortilla wraps up to Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home on my blog. It's a fun foodie blog hop you might enjoy joining in on :) Hope to see you there!

• Tiffany - The Coconut Mama April 7, 2011, 10:59 pm

Lauren – Sorry I didn't see your comment until today. I would scrape off any purple/pink color. Normally, if the coconut water is pink or purple, that means its gone bad, but I've never heard of it happening after it's been frozen.

• Tiffany - The Coconut Mama April 7, 2011, 10:59 pm

April – I would love to join your carnival! Sorry I missed it last week =/

• Frannie May 4, 2011, 1:15 pm

I've been looking for a raw coconut recipe. I will have to give this a try.

• organic meat winnipg September 16, 2011, 7:04 am

It always impress me that you can make recipes that not only probably taste really good but are also really healthy. You are awesome.

• Anonymous September 18, 2011, 7:57 am

I am late to this thread but could someone tell me if it is possible to use Coconut Butter found in a jar at Whole Foods?

• Tiffany - The Coconut Mama September 18, 2011, 9:04 am

@ Anonymous – That will not work. You need meat from young Thai coconuts. Coconut butter is made with meat from older brown coconuts. It just doesn't work. Btw I have a recipe for homemade coconut butter if your interested in making it yourself – http://thecoconutmama.blogspot.com/2010/07/homemade-coconut-butter.html

• Anonymous September 18, 2011, 4:46 pm

Thanks Tiffany!

• Annette December 19, 2011, 9:23 am

Holy Wow! I love you! You just saved my sanity! You should put out a tip jar or something!

• Heather @ Life, gluten free December 31, 2011, 4:23 am

Those look so good. We want to make some of our own, too. Right now we use grain-free raw coconut wraps called Pure Wraps. They are tasty!

• zosia March 29, 2012, 10:52 am

Is there any way to make this without a dehydrator? (Oven?)

Thanks :)

• The Coconut Mama March 29, 2012, 12:21 pm

You could try the oven at a low temp. I’m not sure if it will work because I’ve never tried it.

• Denise Booker December 21, 2012, 9:43 am

I live far away from “young coconuts” where can I buy a “young coconut” online?

• Cat Caruso April 15, 2013, 3:38 pm

Thank you for this!!! I am so excited to try these. NO egg, NO tapioca, NO flax…I’m over- joyed! Can’t wait to try. :) Aloha.

• AMarie3231 June 24, 2013, 4:14 pm

you can buy similar wraps at http://www.julianbakery.com

• Kate December 31, 2013, 7:08 am

Yum!! Is unsweetened shredded coconut same as coconut meat?

• blanca January 26, 2014, 7:34 am

I’m eager to try this. I am an American living in Ecuador where I can easily buy young coconuts off the nearest street corner but could never find already made coconut wraps. This will be great for me!