The Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce

Please, please do not purchase commercially made alfredo sauce! Why? Take a look below….

Alfredo sauce is one of the easiest sauces to make and it taste so much better when you make it yourself! I have a great recipe that is so easy to make you will never be tempted to purchase the bottled stuff again!

The Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce

(1 recipe will make about 2 1/2 cups)

The Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce made with REAL FOOD ingredients!

• 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup grass fed butter
  • 1/2 cup milk, preferable raw grass fed
  • 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

Gently heat cream cheese, butter, milk and parmesan cheese on low until combined. That’s it!

Serve over warm zucchini noodles for a grain free “pasta” dish or use as a dip with your freshly made sourdough bread! Enjoy!

This recipe is shared with Real Food WednesdayHomemaking Link-Up WednesdayWhole Foods Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Healthy 2Day, Allergy Free Wednesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Keep It Real Thursday, Gluten Free Friday, Fill Those Jars Friday,

ad_spacer ad_spacer
ad_spacer ad_spacer

ad_spacer ad_spacer

• TreeHugginMomma August 29, 2012, 9:59 am

I have never made Alfredo with cream cheese. I am thinking it thickens it with a nice creamy finish I might have to try. My recipe is Heavy Cream heat over med heat until just before it bubbles, then slowly stir in grated cheese. Continue to stire while it thickens. It starts with a rue base (which I use Quinoa flour for).

• The Coconut Mama August 29, 2012, 1:39 pm

Yes, the cream cheese thickens this sauce perfectly! Which makes it perfect for anyone on a grain free/gluten free diet. :)

• Alli August 29, 2012, 12:33 pm

This is the recipe I use but I add minced garlic! It makes it even better!

• The Coconut Mama August 29, 2012, 12:44 pm

Yumm! Garlic would make this recipe even better! :)

• Katie- Real foods Chick August 29, 2012, 3:04 pm

Oh yummy! Will have to try this one for sure!

• Linda August 30, 2012, 5:52 am

This looks so white and creamy, I’m sure it’s delicious! Thanks for sharing it at Gluten-Free Wednesdays.

• Lauren @ Empowered Sustenance August 30, 2012, 11:13 am

This looks amazing! You can’t go wrong with 1/2 cup of grass fed butter :)

• The Coconut Mama August 30, 2012, 12:31 pm

We love butter in our home :). Thanks for stopping by, Lauren!

• momgateway August 30, 2012, 5:47 pm

Wow! It’s so simple but the ingredients are so healthy–love it.

• Elsie August 31, 2012, 10:59 am

Perfect. Just the recipe I need. I had a good one ages ago but I lost it.

• Elisa August 31, 2012, 3:04 pm

Found your post at Healthy 2Day Wednesday. I can’t wait to try this. I have been looking for a recipe for alfredo sauce.

• The Coconut Mama August 31, 2012, 7:16 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Elisa! I hope you like the Alfredo Sauce :D.

• Carrie- young living oil lady September 1, 2012, 4:29 pm

I prefer your recipe and ingredients much better! Thank you for sharing this with us at Healthy 2Day Wednesdays! :)

• Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) September 4, 2012, 12:37 pm

This looks great! I have tweeted and pinned this recipe to our Gluten Free Fridays board! Thanks for linking up and can’t wait to see what you bring this week :)

• Renee N. September 6, 2012, 2:13 pm

WOW! This is fantastic! I had to make a few changes because I didn’t have any homemade cream cheese. I did have sour cream, so I used that (goodbye probiotics! haha). I didn’t want it too runny, so I used heavy cream instead of milk. And I used Kerrygold Dubliner cheese. I also added minced garlic, like the commenter above suggested, and a bit of salt and pepper. I never would have thought of this on my own. What a fantastic recipe. I can’t wait to try it the way you outlined it… but raw milk never lasts long enough around here for me to make more cream cheese. Maybe I ought to buy an extra gallon. =P

• The Coconut Mama September 6, 2012, 3:27 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed this sauce, Renee! You could also use quality organic cream cheese from the healthy food store. :)

• Joy M. Duvall via Facebook May 8, 2013, 4:24 am

Thanks for all the work you do and for sharing

• Krista Willison Raymond via Facebook May 8, 2013, 4:54 am

Started making a similar Alfredo last summer and will never go back! I add a little mozzarella, onion powder & garlic powder to mine. I’ve also made a super yummy chicken carbonara buy using half bacon grease & half butter and adding 1/2c cooked crumbled bacon, 3 cooked diced chicken breasts & 1 cup sliced baby Bella mushrooms at the end.

• Khristine Robinson via Facebook May 8, 2013, 6:16 am

John Squints

• Khristine Robinson via Facebook May 8, 2013, 6:16 am

John Squints

• Terry Oliver via Facebook May 8, 2013, 6:23 am

You are inspiring me to new cooking heights! Thanks!

• Kristina Manchester via Facebook May 8, 2013, 9:11 am

No garlic?

• Tana Humphreys Switsky via Facebook May 8, 2013, 10:56 am

Thank you! <3 My son and I loooove alfredo sauce, and I know how unhealthy the store-bought kind is! Ugh!

• Amber November 15, 2013, 5:30 pm

Does this freeze well or must it be made fresh every time?

• Lori Willard November 15, 2013, 5:53 pm

I’m interested in this answer also!!! :)

• Tiffany @ The Coconut Mama November 15, 2013, 7:42 pm

I’ve always made this fresh. I’m honestly not sure how well this freezes.

• Chessie B April 11, 2014, 7:35 pm

This looks amazing! I usually make my own alfredo sauce but I can never seem to get it creamy. My parmesan always seems to clump up when I stir it in no matter what temperature I try or how fast I add it to the cream and butter. I’ve pretty much given up on it and I cook my noodles in the cream/butter mixture for a minute before I put them on a plate and sprinkle the fresh grated cheese on top. Maybe I could try this and the cream cheese might help keep it smooth. Suggestions?