Tip: Use This Ingredient to Naturally Whiten Your Teeth

How To Naturally Whiten Your TeethHappy Tuesday! Every Tuesday I share a small tip that I have found useful in my kitchen or home. Today I’m sharing a beauty tip on how to whiten your teeth naturally!

I first learned about this method of whitening teeth from Heather of  MommyPotamus. In Heather’s book, DIY Organic Beauty she shares her method for naturally whitening your teeth with charcoal. I was a skeptic at first but after only one application my teeth were noticeably whiter. I even talked my husband into trying it out. My husband doesn’t have the whitest teeth so we were both blown away at how much whiter his teeth looked after only using the charcoal once. Within one week his teeth were whiter than I have ever seen them!

Ditch the chemical whitening gels and try out this natural method! Here is how you do it….

How to Naturally Whiten Teeth

Ingredient

Open one capsule of activated charcoal into a small bowl. Wet your tooth-brush and dip it into the charcoal. Gently brush teeth with charcoal. Swish the charcoal around in your mouth for a few minutes after brushing. Rinse out your mouth and brush with your teeth with your normal tooth paste. Do this as often as you like.

Have you used activated charcoal to naturally whiten your teeth? Did it work for you?

Want to learn how to make your own All Natural Beauty Products? Then you’ll want to check out MommyPotamus’ book, DIY Organic Beauty!

50+ All-Natural, Toxin-Free Recipes That Really Work

In This eBook, You’ll Learn How To. . .

• Make your own shampoo, conditioners, lotions and deodorant
  • Whiten your teeth naturally without harsh chemicals like coal tar, fluoride, aspartame, aluminum and benzene
  • Nourish yourself from the inside out for radiant skin, hair and nails
  • Use natural preservatives, make sure your skin and hair remain PH balanced, and formulate products that are safe for small children

Click HERE to Order Your Copy!

Interested in learning more about essential oils? Check out my FREE 14 day e-course!

Free Essential Oils E-Course

• Sandi Morgan July 13, 2013, 11:37 am

I tried this yesterday. My teeth were whiter, , ,my bathroom? Covered in splatters of black charcoal. It’s like spilling milk . . .it goes everywhere!! I will continue to use the charcoal, but not every day . . .too much clean up!!!

• Linda DeKock July 23, 2013, 4:09 pm

Brush your teeth in your shower. That’s how I keep my mineral makeup from being all over everything at the sink. When you shower….everything runs down the drain!

• Rose Lavender August 24, 2013, 1:20 pm

Put a dark towel down just before you use it to help with splatters. Great thought..

• rmw July 19, 2013, 12:45 pm

I have EXTREMELY sensitive teeth…can’t even use whitening toothpaste regularly. Do you think the charcoal would be OK?

• Jessie Marchuk July 15, 2014, 8:53 am

My teeth are extremely sensitive too! But activated charcoal is awesome! I used it on my teeth a couple of times and I felt no pain at all!

• Victoria August 27, 2013, 3:23 pm

Thanks for the tip. Sounds really cool. How would that work exactly? Something dark like that making your teeth whiter? I was looking into talking to a Hamilton dentist, but I think I want to try this out.

• Lisa Ellison October 1, 2013, 8:07 am

Can I use the activated charcoal that comes with my fish tank filter?

• Amanda Davis October 1, 2013, 8:18 pm

Sounds super cool, I will deff have to try it. Tiffany: Do you have the book ‘DIY Organic Beauty’? If so, was it very beneficial? Did you try out many of the recipes?

• WaterFireHeart November 19, 2013, 12:43 pm

Amazing how on Amazon.ca -90 capsules are 26.00- on sale from 99.00!!!
    I may just take the charchol from my art supplies.

• Annoyed November 19, 2013, 9:00 pm

Use iherb.com and find it for less than 10 dollars. Use this code and get 5 dollars off your first order of less than 60$ and 10$ off orders over 60!

• Annoyed November 19, 2013, 9:00 pm

And I am not “annoyed” If anyone knows how to change this, please let me know

• Adeana November 19, 2013, 9:08 pm

Code- ZUK498

• Tiffany @ The Coconut Mama December 17, 2013, 7:45 am

The charcoal I link to is only $4.

• Sophie Howell January 7, 2014, 3:14 pm

This worked like gangbusters for about 3 weeks – never saw my teeth so white. Then all of a sudden it stopped working. Yellow teeth again no matter how much I brush with charcoal. :o(

• Amy March 8, 2014, 8:47 pm

Is it harmful to swallow the charcoal? I have a son with special needs and he tends to bit down on his toothbrush and swallow what is on his brush. His teeth are very yellow from medication he took when he was young. Thank you.

• Answer June 3, 2014, 8:26 am

swallowing too much charcoal will make him poop a lot. It’s used to clear out the stomach

• Di Jasper May 12, 2014, 8:45 pm

Be careful about brushing with charcoal. It is abrasive and will remove your enamel. Everything I’ve read has said to hold it in your mouth and swish but not to brush.

• teeth whitening products May 26, 2014, 10:54 am

Teeth whitening trays fit in tightly over the teeth in order to accelerate
    the bleaching process. The prices are guaranteed to be the
    lowest on the Internet today and the products are guaranteed to
    work. They said the FDA uses the term “bleaching” only
    when teeth can be whitened beyond their natural color.

• yoga at work August 22, 2014, 6:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on practice yoga.
    Regards