New to Essential Oils? Sign up for a FREE 14 day e-Course and email series to walk you through the basics! Register now for FREE here!
Flourless chocolate cake is one of my all time favorite desserts. It’s silky, extremely rich and of course delicious!
The recipe below is based off of the flourless chocolate cake in America’s Test Kitchen Cookbook. Since I know that many of my readers are dairy-free and/or have food allergies I decided to alter the recipe. I substituted a mixture of coconut butter and coconut oil in place of the recipe’s call for butter. At the end, this recipe was exactly what I hoped it would be; a delicious chocolate cake with a light coconut flavor.
Beware though. Don’t leave the finished or half-eaten cake out where hands can easily get to them! We made this mistake and the next morning we found our son Auren polishing off the remaining leftovers of the cake. Oh how I wish I would have taken a picture for memories sake!
Flourless Chocolate Coconut Butter Cake
- 1 pound soy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 8 eggs
- shredded coconut (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly coat an 8-inch spring form pan with coconut oil.
- Melt chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Mix coconut butter and coconut oil into chocolate and continue to heat the ingredients until the coconut butter is completely melted.
- Take chocolate coconut mixture off the heat and set it aside.
- Whip eggs with an electric mixer until doubled in volume. This will take 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully pour chocolate mixture into whipped eggs. Fold the ingredients together until they’re combined.
- Pour cake batter into greased spring form pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cake with shredded coconut before serving.