How do I use coconut butter? This is a questions I’m asked quite often! Coconut butter is one of my favorite coconut products that I use on a daily basis. Below you’ll learn how to make and use coconut butter in your kitchen.
Coconut butter is one of the most unique foods I’ve used in my kitchen. It’s not an oil (some think it’s the same as coconut oil, which it isn’t) and it’s a little more grittier than a nut butter. It is a delicious creamy blend of coconut meat that can be used in heaps of recipes.
Over the years I’ve received several emails from readers asking me how I use up my coconut butter in my kitchen. We use it as a replacement for nut butter for toast or sandwiches and I like to use it to create delicious treats for my family.
How To Make Coconut Butter
Coconut Butter is made from raw dried shredded coconut. When you puree the shredded coconut the coconut oil and coconut meat mix together and turn into a butter spread. You must use shredded coconut that has not been defatted. Pure dried shredded coconut will make perfect coconut butter. You can find my homemade coconut butter recipe here or watch my video tutorial here. You can also purchase coconut butter online or at your local health food store. Coconut butter is also called coconut spread, coconut manna and coconut cream concentrate.
How To Use Coconut Butter
As I mentioned above, many people like to use coconut butter as a spread for toast or on sandwiches. I personally like to eat coconut butter off the spoon. When my daughter first started eating solids I would carry a jar of coconut butter with me to give her as a snack when we were out. Naomi loved coconut butter as a baby. I wasn’t sure if coconut butter was a good food to give her at the time, but I later found out that Dr. Thomas Cowan recommended it for babies.
“Another food worth mentioning is coconut butter, which should be started in the first month that the child is eating food. Coconut oil is nature’s richest source of Lauric acid, one of the predominant fats in human breast milk. This valuable fat helps protect the child against fungal and viral infections, thereby giving them a chance to build up their natural immunities.”
The Coconut Mama is a participant of Amazon’s affiliate program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through them. This helps me maintain my site. Thank you for your support!
25 Ways To Use Coconut Butter
Below is a collection of 25 amazing recipes that call for coconut butter. I’ve tested several of these recipes and have thoroughly enjoyed them!
1) Fruit Topped with Melted Coconut Butter – Melt coconut butter over low heat. Drizzle over fruit and serve.
2) Coconut Butter Buttons by The Coconut Mama
3) Raw Chocolate-Raspberry Mini Fudge Cake by Chocolate Covered Kate
4) Coconut Chocolate Fudge by The Coconut Mama
5) Dairy Free Pumpkin Fudge by The Coconut Mama
6) Gingerbread Fudge from Pink Kitchen by Pink Kitchen
7) Coconut Butter Bread by Loving Our Guts
8) Coconut Butter Cake by Loving Our Guts
9) Coconut Butter Pancakes by Loving Our Guts
10) Coconut Cream Truffles by Delicious Obsession
11) Pumpkin Spice Bread by Delicious Obsessions
12) Lemon Coconut Blueberry Macadamia Nut Muffins by Delicious Obsessions
13) Chocolate Coconut Butter by The Coconut Mama
14) Strawberry Coconut Butter by Chef Amber Shea
15) White Chocolate Coconut-Macadamia Nut Butter by Chef Amber Shea
16) Coconut Candy: Peanut/Almond Butter Chocolate Coconut Crisps by Traditional Foods
17) Coconut Blueberry Pudding by Real Food Forager
18) Coconut Covered Raisins: A Dairy Free “Yogurt” Covered Raisin by The Coconut Mama
19) Chocolate Coconut Butter Bars by The Coconut Mama
20) Healthy and Easy Strawberry Mousse by Empowered Sustenance
21) Coconut Lemon Fudge by Our Nourishing Roots
22) Chocolate Coconut Bites by Whole Nature Life
23) Coconut Pineapple Candy by Traditional Foods
24) Cranberry-Orange Coconut Candy by The coconut Mama
25) Piña Colada Sorbet by Empowered Sustenance
Want more coconut butter recipes?
Follow my Coconut Butter Recipes Board on Pinterest!
3 Free E-Books!
Subscribe to my free newsletter and I'll send you my ebooks for FREE! You'll also receive weekly recipes and wellness tips.