Today I’m excited to share a recipe from the ebook, Indulge and Heal by Lauren of Empowered Sustenance! Indulge and Heal is a recipe ebook suited for those on the GAPS, SCD and Paleo/Primal diets. All the recipes in this book are free of grains, dairy, nuts and refined sugar!
I have several friends and family members who are following GAPS or SCD to recover from food allergies. Finding recipes that are “legal” can be challenging for them sometimes. My sister has followed SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) to help her heal some of her digestive issues. She emailed me a few months ago to tell me how much she loved Lauren’s recipes! All of Lauren’s recipes are kitchen tested and are accompanied with beautiful pictures.
I’m sharing Lauren’s recipe for Chocolate and Date Mousse. This recipe calls for gelatin (yay for gelatin!) and it is sweetened with dates!
Chocolate and Date Mousse
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 6-8 medjool dates (about ½ packed cup), pitted
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin - Where to find gelatin
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, combine the 1 cup of coconut milk and the dates. Heat for 10 minutes until dates are softened.
- Puree the coconut milk, dates and cocoa powder in a blender. Strain and press the mixture through a fine sieve to remove the bits of tough date skin.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan. In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and gelatin, let sit 5 minutes. Heat the cocoa mixture oven low heat and whisk in softened gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour into serving dishes and refrigerate until set, about 5 hours.
Indulge and Heal: treats without grains, dairy, nuts and refined sugar to nourish and renew!
Indulge and Heal features:
- Over 70 pages of nourishing recipes, beautiful photos, and healing information
- Recipes suited for the GAPS, SCD and Paleo/Primal diets
- 24 exhaustively tested recipes without grains, dairy, nuts and refined sugar
- An additional egg free recipe index
- Information on ingredient substitution and sourcing
- More resources for healing
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.