I spent a few hours yesterday testing candy recipes and these caramel cups were our favorite of the bunch. I wanted to make a healthier caramel sauce that didn’t require any cooking. We used dates and honey to make the caramel filling and homemade chocolate chips for the chocolate portion.
These caramel cups are a nice treat to keep on hand for when your craving something sweet!
Chocolate Caramel Cups
- Food Processor
- Unbleached Paper Liners
- Muffin Pan
- ½ cup soaked dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ - 2 cups of soy free chocolate chips, melted
- Soak dates in how water for 5 minutes. Remove from water and remove pits. Using a food processor, puree dates into a paste. Add raw honey, sea salt, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Line muffin pan with liners and pour 1 - 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Place muffin pan in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until the chocolate is solid. Add approximately 1 tablespoon of caramel filling to each cup. Flatten the filling with a spoon. Pour remaining melted chocolate over the top of each cup until filling is covered with chocolate.
- Return the pan back to the freezer. The chocolate caramel cups will take a few hours to set. Once the chocolate is solid you can remove them from the freezer. Serve immediately. You can store the left over caramel cups in the freezer or refrigerator.
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.