So you want a healthy treat that isn’t full of junk? I got one for you! Meet my newest creation, The Chocolate Coconut Butter Bar. These little bars of joy are made with coconut butter, raw honey, vanilla extract and soy free chocolate chips. That’s it! They’re so easy to make, it’s dangerous! You may need to keep these ingredients out of your home just so you’re not tempted to make them daily. You are warned. 😉
Before we get to the recipe I want to let you know I used store-bought coconut butter. I do make my own coconut butter on occasions, but sometimes the store-bought is just better to use (It’s not as gritty). That said, I’m sure homemade coconut butter will work just fine in this recipe. I also used soy free chocolate chips, but I know my homemade chocolate chips will work too! Now to the recipes…
Chocolate Coconut Butter Bars
- Pour melted chocolate chips over a greased 5x7 bread pan.
- Spread chocolate evenly over the bottom of the greased pan and place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Melt coconut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add vanilla and sweeten to taste. I added about 3 tablespoons of honey to this batch.
- Pour coconut butter mixture over cooled chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate the bars for 1 hour or until the coconut butter layer is solid.
- Bring bars to room temperature and cut into even squares (this is the easiest way to cut the bars).
- Refrigerate the cut coconut butter bars.
- Flip the bars out of the pan and serve.
- Keep these babies stored in the refrigerator so the don't melt on you!
- Eat them up and enjoy!
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.