We’ve been making a lot of goodies around here lately! As always, I try to make desserts that are healthier and made with real food ingredients.
My daughter and I made these chocolate covered cherry truffles the other day. We both really love to snack on dried cherries and homemade chocolate chips so I thought it would be fun to make healthy chocolate covered cherries. I almost decided to make these the way I made my coconut covered raisins, but with chocolate added, but we decided to be a little more creative! We used dates, dried cherries and shredded coconut to make the truffles and coated them with melted chocolate. They turned out beautiful and tasted wonderful!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Truffles
- food processor
- tooth pics
- parchment paper
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
1. Puree pitted dates and dried cherries together in a food processor.
2. Process until the dried fruit in completely pureed.
3. Add shredded coconut, 1 tablespoon at a time and puree dough until it forms a ball.
4. Roll the fruit dough into small truffle size balls and set aside.
5. Melt chocolate chips over low in a saucepan or double boiler.
6. Stick tooth pics in each truffle and dip them into the melted chocolate.
7. Place the truffles on the parchment paper.
8. Continue to dip truffles in chocolate until they are all coated with chocolate.
9. Place truffles in refrigerator and allow them to set for one hour. Serve and enjoy!
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.