I’ve tested several coffee cake recipes using coconut flour with no success. When I saw this recipe in Carols book I knew I had to try it. This recipe hit the spot! We particularly loved the coconut sugar topping (the kids ate that part first).
Indulge is filled with 70 delicious grain free deserts that will please the pickiest eaters! Carol was nice enough to offer my readers a 20% off her book. Use coupon code COCOMAMA20 to receive the discount! This coupon will expire on July 16th, 2013. Click here to order!
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp cream of tartar, (5 mL)
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil, (60 mL)
- 3 tbsp raw honey, (45 mL)
- ½ cupcoconut flour, sifted, (120 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, (10 mL) -homemade vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda, (1 mL)
- ⅛ tsp salt, (0.5 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease the bottom and sides of a 4x8 inch rectangular loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine the egg whites and cream of tartar. Whip until stiff peaks form. In a bowl, cream together honey and coconut oil. Mix in the egg yolks. Add to the mixture, coconut flour, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Mix the batter into the egg whites starting with a little bit at a time. Combine until the batter is completely mixed. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients for the topping. Spread the mixture over the batter. Swirl parts of the topping into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let the cake cool before slicing and serving.
Over 70 + recipes that include nut free & egg free recipes
- 162 pages of content
- All recipes are dairy free and adhere to Paleo principles
- Hyperlinked table of contents makes navigating easy
- Beautiful photographs
- Trouble shooting tips
- Bonus! A printer friendly copy
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.