Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread – This delicious sweetbread is grain free and dairy free and is made with coconut flour.
This coconut flour pumpkin bread recipe is a great grain free sweetbread to make around the holidays!
Arrowroot powder makes this loaf lighter but if you don’t have it on hand you can omit it from the recipe. Enjoy!
Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (optional, makes a lighter loaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup palm oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and sea salt together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
3. Mix egg yolks, pumpkin puree, palm oil and vanilla together.
4. Mix dry ingredients with pumpkin mixture until well combined. Fold in egg whites.
5. Pour bread batter into a well greased bread loaf pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take foil off and continue to bake until cooked through, another 15-30 minutes. Turn off oven and leave bread in the oven for 30 minutes (this will allow the middle to finish cooking).
6. Remove bread from pan and let cool on wire rack.
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.