I love eating gelatin goodies and I am particularly happy when I can get my picky eating three-year old to eat gelatin too! My daughter goes through stages where she doesn’t want to eat a lot of meat. Getting enough protein into her diet can be a challenge at times. Gelatin is a wonderful ingredient that this sneaky mama uses to ensure my kids consume a healthy amount of protein.
I’ve been playing around with this recipe for several months now, trying to perfect it. The first few batches were okay, but my kids wouldn’t eat them (fail). I added coconut milk to a few batches so these snacks would have a healthy balance of protein, fat and carbs. Adding vanilla and coconut cream to the recipe made a big difference in flavor and palatability of these snacks. The final product was a big WIN in our house!
Creamsicle Gummy Fruit Snacks
Inspired by this recipe from Workout Master
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed juice (I tested with orange juice and cherry juice)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or whole cream
- 1 cup honey (or other natural sweeteners)
- 1/2 cup gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Heat juice and cream over medium heat in a medium size saucepan.
2. Pour gelatin over liquid. Whisk gelatin into mixture.
3. Add honey and salt and continue to stir until the gelatin dissolves.
4. Bring the mixture to a light boil, stirring constantly.
5. Turn off heat and stir in the vanilla.
6. Pour mixture into a 8×8 square pan.
7. Cover pan and refrigerate until gummy snacks are set, about 4 hours.
8. Cut into small square and store in air tight container.
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.