I haven’t purchased lotion or body butter in over five years. Instead I use coconut oil as a moisturizer. Coconut oil is amazing for the skin! It helps to reduce skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It also softens the skin and relieves dryness and flaking. Applied topically it helps to prevent wrinkles, saggy skin and age spots!
Whipped coconut oil works wonderful as a moisturizer. It is easily applied and doesn’t harden when it’s cold. You can add essential oils for a nice fragrance if you like. I prefer the scent of virgin coconut oil so I don’t add anything to it.
Coconut Oil Moisturizer (Whipped Coconut Oil)
Stand mixer or Hand mixer
1. Scoop coconut oil into mixing bowl (I used 2 cups of coconut oil).
2. Break the coconut oil up into chunks.
3. Turn the mixer on high and whip the coconut oil.
4. Scrap down the sides of the bowl and continue to whip until all the coconut oil is soft and fluffy.
5. If you’re going to add essential oils, do so at this time.
6. Scoop coconut oil moisturizer into storage container.
7. Use in place of lotion and body butter.