Whipped Coconut Oil Moisturizer
Want to make whipped coconut oil moisturizer? All you need is coconut oil and an electric mixer! Here’s how you make it!
I haven’t purchased lotion or body butter in over five years. Instead I use coconut oil as a moisturizer. Coconut oil is amazing for the skin! It helps to reduce skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It also softens the skin and relieves dryness and flaking. Applied topically it helps to prevent wrinkles, saggy skin and age spots!
Whipped coconut oil works wonderful as a moisturizer. It is easily applied and doesn’t harden when it’s cold. You can add essential oils for a nice fragrance if you like. I prefer the scent of virgin coconut oil so I don’t add anything to it.
Coconut Oil Moisturizer (Whipped Coconut Oil)
- 2 cups coconut oil
- Stand mixer or Hand mixer
- Scoop coconut oil into mixing bowl (I used 2 cups of coconut oil).
- Break the coconut oil up into chunks.
- Turn the mixer on high and whip the coconut oil.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl and continue to whip until all the coconut oil is soft and fluffy.
- If you're going to add essential oils, do so at this time.
- Scoop coconut oil moisturizer into storage container.
- Use in place of lotion and body butter.
About The Author
Tiffany is a real food mama who lives in Idaho. She is a stay at home mom of three coconut babies. She is passionate about traditional and healing foods. As a true believer in the health benefits of coconut, she uses coconut products in almost all her cooking. Subscribe to The Coconut Mama’s Newsletter for more articles like this one.
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.