Have you ever had snickerdoodle scones? I had never heard of them until I saw a recipe on facebook from one of my favorite fitness bloggers, GoKaleo. I love scones and snickerdoodles, so I knew I would love this recipe.
I decided to use einkorn flour rather than wheat flour. I really enjoy the taste of einkorn over wheat and spelt. Einkorn is the oldest variety of wheat and is supposed to be easier to digest than regular wheat.
Einkorn SnickerDoodle Scones
- 2 cups organic einkorn flour - Where to buy flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar or rapadura
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup whole organic cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or rapadura
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Use a food processor to mix the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- Add butter to food processor and pulse until butter and flour are combined.
- our in cream and pulse 3-4 times, or until dough is formed.
- Scoop dough out of food processor and onto a floured surface.
- Gently knead dough into a ball. Flatten the top of dough and form into a 8-9 inch wheel.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Mix coconut sugar and cinnamon together in a pie plate.
- Take each wedge and dip into cinnamon/sugar mix. Coat both sides of each scone with mix and place on a large cookie sheet.
- Place scones in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until scones are golden brown.
Want to use sprouted einkorn flour for this recipe? I’ll be sharing a tutorial on how to make your own sprouted einkorn tomorrow!
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.