Grain Free Chicken Nuggets
Makes 32 Small or 18 Large Chicken Nuggets
- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts, bones removed (from pasture raised chickens)
- 2+ Chicken Livers, from pasture raised chickens (see why here)
- 1 teaspoon of Real Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
- 2 Eggs, beaten (pasture raised or organic free range)
- 1-1 1/2 cups arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted (where to find coconut oil)
1. Use a food processor to blend chicken breasts and liver.
2. After you grind your meat into a “paste”, add seasoning. Process a little more to mix in the seasonings.
3.Roll meat paste into nugget size pieces (smaller than a golf ball) and place on a cookie sheet. Note – It helps if you hands are lightly oiled with coconut oil or olive oil when forming the nuggets.
5. Dip nuggets in egg mix and then into the arrowroot flour mix. Coat well and place back on cookie sheet. Continue until all the chicken nuggets are breaded well.
If you would like to freeze the chicken nuggets, do so at this point. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 45 minutes (or until nuggets are frozen on the outside) and the place chicken nuggets in freezer friendly container or ziplock bag.
6. I liked these chicken nuggets baked, but you may fry them in coconut oil too. They will get pretty dark in color. To bake, pour ghee, melted butter, melted coconut oil or melted lard/tallow over chicken nuggets. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until they are cooked through. Make sure to flip nuggets half way through cooking. You may have to cook them a little longer if you are baking them straight from the freezer.