Coconut Oil Lip Balm Recipe – Homemade lip balm is easy to make! All you need is a few ingredients and a double boiler. Check out this nourishing non-toxic recipe made with coconut oil, beeswax and olive oil!
Have you ever made lip balm before? Homemade lip balm is one of the easiest cosmetics you can make. It took me less than 5 minutes to make this!
My 3-year-old daughter has been fascinated with makeup lately. She loves to rub sparkle gel over her skin and is always sneaking into her play makeup she got for her birthday (I didn’t buy it for her). I honestly prefer her not to wear any of her play makeup because it isn’t good for her! Many makeup products contain phthalates, which are toxic and linked to reproductive abnormalities.
Keeping it natural is the way to go! Now, when my little 3-year-old wants to be a little glamorous I can pull out this lip balm and let her go to town.
Homemade Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- Double boiler (or saucepan and glass bowl)
- Stirring utensil
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Beeswax
- 1 Teaspoon Red Palm Oil or Olive Oil. The red palm oil adds a little orange/red color to the lip balm while the olive oil leaves the lip balm a faint yellow color.
- Heat coconut oil, beeswax and red palm oil or olive oil together in double boiler over low heat.
- Melt oils and wax together.
- Mix mixture well and pour into storage container.
- Let cool before using.
Question of the day: Have you ever made your own makeup? Did you like it? I’m thinking I may explore more into making different cosmetics using natural ingredients! 🙂
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.