This is my daughters new favorite snack! I’ve been trying to give her more fermented and cultured foods over the last few months. This apple sauce recipe along with full fat yogurt seem to be her favorites.
Probiotic Fermented Apple Sauce
(Makes 1 quart)
- 6 – 8 medium size organic apples
- 2 tablespoons whey or water kefir
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon real sea salt (optional)
- Core and slice apples.
- Process apples in food processor until it reaches desired consistency. Add whey, cinnamon and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour apple sauce into a clean quart size jar (or 2 pint size jars).
- Leave an inch of space from apple sauce to lid. If you don’t, you may have an explosion!
- Place in warm place for 3 days.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Standard FTC Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or links to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Coconut Mama's ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
Also note that The Coconut Mama is an participant of Amazon's affiliate program. I may make a small commission on orders made through my Amazon links. This helps me maintain my site. Thank you for your support! All post and information provided within this blog is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and well being or on any opinions expressed within this website.