Macadamia nuts… Chocolate chips…. Cookies…Oh my!
Yes, you read that right! Mix my favorite nut butter with coconut flour and chocolate chips and you have yourself an amazing cookie! I can’t take credit for this delicious creation though. This cookie is just one of MANY amazing recipe from The Paleo Kitchen Cookbook.
George Bryant (Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations) was kind enough to send me a copy of his new book he co-wrote with Juli Bauer of PaleoOMG. I’ve been drooling over these recipes and have already added a few into our menu for the week!
The Paleo Kitchen will be released on June 10th, 2014. If you pre-order today, you can purchase this book for 34% off retail value! The Paleo Kitchen isn’t just a cookbook, it’s a easy to follow guide for anyone who wants to eat healthier. Don’t wait to order, pre-order your copy today!
Now to the recipe….
Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the macadamia nut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and salt and mix well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the batter until cold, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet, 10 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack immediately to cool.
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.