We’ve had a plethora of apples and pears around here lately. There are many yummy treats I like to make with apples and pears, but this is one of my daughters favorite snacks. My nine month old son loves munching on it too!
Crockpot Pear & Applesauce
- 6 pounds fresh apples and pears, washed and peeled
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (optional)
- Potato Masher
- Place apples, pears, cinnamon sticks and vanilla in crock pot.
- Cover and turn the heat on low.
- Allow the applesauce to cook until apples and pears are very tender, 4-6 hours.
- Turn the heat off and remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Mash the apples and pears with potato masher.
- Pour mixture into a 2 quart container and refrigerate.
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.