Coconut Oil Chest Rub - 2 Recipes!
Skip the Vicks and make your own coconut oil chest rub instead! This will save you money and you won't expose your family to petroleum or toxic ingredients!
1/2 cup of rub
Coconut Oil Chest Rub for Children
Update: I now use an oil blend called Sniffleease for my children. This blend is diluted and safe for children to use.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan.
- Mix the dried peppermint and eucalyptus leaves with the warm coconut oil.
- Turn off the heat and let the leaves infuse with the warm coconut oil for 3-4 hours.
- Now it’s time to strain the herbs. If the coconut oil has solidified simply re-heat it over low heat and strain the leaves.
- Add essential oils and mix well.
- Pour into jar or container.