Looking for a non-toxic bubble bath? This homemade bubble bath is safe for all ages and you only need 2 ingredients to make it!
My kids love bath time!
I learned long ago that there were many ingredients in bath products that are considered harmful for both adults and children. For that reason, I only used castile soap and non-toxic bath products for my babies.
Bubble bath is one product that I haven’t been able to find that was rated well on EWG. I decided to try to make my own and I’m very impressed with this recipe. You only need two ingredients, castile soap, and vegetable glycerine.
If you like to add essential oils to your bath the safest way to add them to your baby’s bath is in soap! The oils won’t float to the top. Instead, they evenly dispersed through the water, which is much safer for babies.Print
Homemade Bubble Bath
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups 1x
- 2 Cups Liquid Castile Soap
- 1⁄2 Cup Vegetable Glycerine
- 10–15 Drops of Essential Oils (I used lavender and geranium)
- Mix the castile soap and vegetable glycerine together.
- Add essential oils and gently mix.
- Pour into jar or container.
- To use, pour 1⁄4 cup or more of soap into bath while the bath is filling with water. I prefer Gentle Baby essential oil for this recipe, partly because it makes for a very nice scent wafting through the air when you’re using it.