Today starts week eight of my 10 week series on using the everyday essential oils by Young Living. I’ve learned so much about these beautiful oils and I want to share what I’ve learned with you. This week I asked the members of my facebook group which oil they would like to learn more about and they picked Lavender Essential Oil!
About Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is known as the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils. It’s truly one of the most versatile oils! I use Lavender almost daily. I use it in my homemade face toner (recipe coming soon), I diffuse it at night before bed to help calm my children, I use it on every owie that my kids come home with from playing outside.
It’s important to note that not all lavender oils are NOT created equally. If you use a lower grade lavender essential oil on a burn or cut you can make the injury worse! I only use Young Living essential oils.
How To Use Lavender Essential Oil
- Relaxation – Diffuse for a comforting and calming scent. Unwind by adding a few drops to a nighttime bath with some Epsom salts. Here’s an easy recipe to make your own DIY Lavender Bath Salts.
- Linen Spray – Add a few drops of Lavender to a small spray bottle and one teaspoon of witch hazel. Spray linens, bedding and even closets.
- Restful Sleep – Add a drop to your pillow or diffuse nightly at bedtime.
- Calming – Diffuse for a fresh, clean scent and to eliminate odors.
- Beautiful Skin – 2 drops of Lavender along with almond oil as a carrier oil especially can do wonders for your skin.
- DIY Beauty – A few drops of Lavender may complement some of your favorite shampoos, lotions, or skin care products.
- Eliminate Odors – Diffuse for a fresh, clean scent and to get rid of odors.
- Freshen Laundry. Add a few drops of lavender to your wool dryer balls to naturally freshen your clothes.
How Do I Get My Hands On This Awesome Oil?
Lavender is one of the 10 Everyday Essential Oils that comes with the premium starter kit! The premium starter kit comes with the top used essential oils from Young Living. The kit includes:
- 10 – 5 mL bottles of essential oils including:Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, R.C., Thieves, Purification, DiGize, and Copiaba. Plus a bonus bottle of the popular Stress Away blend.
- A home diffuser (retail value alone on this one is $96)
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (this is a great supplement for energy)