Nourishing Chicken Nuggets
- 2 Cups Chicken (I used chicken cooked in the crock pot)
- 1–3 Chicken livers, sauteed
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- In a food processor, process onion until its finely chopped.
- Add chicken and chicken livers. Pulse a few times until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix chicken mixture, cheese, mayo, egg, garlic, 1/2 cup bread crumbs and salt & pepper.
- Form chicken mixture into nugget pieces and roll in bread crumbs.
- If making ahead, place chicken nuggets on parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for a few hours. Then store in a resealable freezer bag.
- If baking, place nuggets on greased cookie sheet and bake 40 – 50 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven, turning half way.
- You can also fry them in 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil or tallow. Fry a few minutes on each side until golden brown.