- In a medium saucepan, place the water and coconut sugar, stir until all the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the coconut sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Add in the tapioca flour and stir until it forms a soft, sticky dough.
- Sprinkle some tapioca flour onto a work surface, then transfer the boba dough onto it.
- Roll the dough into a log, then cut into medium pieces. Next, form the medium dough pieces into smaller logs, then cut them to form small balls.
- Place the boba dough balls into a saucepan filled with water, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for further 10 minutes.
- Remove the boba balls from the saucepan into a deep bowl, then pour the simple syrup over them to cover completely.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
Add two tablespoons of boba balls into a long glass, pour chilled black tea and cold coconut milk over them, add ice and enjoy cold.