Coconut Oil Popcorn
- Yield: Enough to fill a very large bowl.
- 1/2 Cup Organic Popping Corn
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil (or switch out the 1/2 TBS with red palm oil)
- Sea salt
- Heat a large, heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Be careful not to go over medium heat, or you may experience a very unpleasant chewy texture where the kernels were heated too fast and did not completely pop.
- Add the coconut oil and let it completely melt. Once the oil is completely melted put a few kernels into the pan and wait for them to pop. This helps determine when the oil is heated enough to popping.
- Once the test kernels have popped, place the rest of the popcorn seeds into the pan and cover.
- After the kernels begin popping, begin to shake every 10 seconds or so until you hear the popping slow down. When the popping slows down to a pop every 2-3 seconds remove the pan from heat and continuously shake for another 10-20 seconds. This helps the popcorn at the bottom from burning.
- After the 10-20 seconds, or you feel the popping is finished pour into a bowl, salt to taste and enjoy.