Immune Boosting Elderberry Gummy Snacks
Boost your immune system with homemade elderberry syrup and elderberry gummy snacks
Approximately 40 Gummies
3 Tablespoons Gelatin
1/4 Cup Homemade Elderberry Syrup
2 Tablespoons Honey
1/4 Cup Water
Homemade Elderberry Syrup
- Place the berries in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer over low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Smash the elderberries well (I used a potato masher).
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Stir in 1 cup of honey (or more or less to your taste).
- Bottle the syrup and store in the refrigerator.
- Keeps for 3 months.
When making elderberry syrup it’s important to use only blue elderberries. Red elderberries are potentially toxic if eaten in large quantities. Never eat raw elderberries.