Healthy Homemade Mounds Candy Recipe
This recipe for homemade mounds candy was inspired by the popular candy bar that's covered in chocolate and filled with a rich coconut center.
2 cup organic shredded coconut
1/4 cups coconut oil
8 medjool dates, pitted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1 1/2 cups organic chocolate chips
Healthy Homemade Mounds Candy
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/4 cups coconut oil
- 3–4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1–1 1/2 cups organic chocolate chips
- Using a small saucepan, gently heat coconut oil and shredded coconut on low heat. The shredded coconut will begin to “puff” up after a few minutes in the warm oil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, process dates, vanilla and salt until creamy and smooth.
- Mix coconut mixture with date mixture. Pour into a small, bread loaf size pan. Place in freezer for an hour or until set.
- Gently heat dark chocolate in a small saucepan on low heat. You can also use a double broiler to melt the chocolate. While chocolate is melting, cut the coconut candy into “mound” size pieces. I cut mine into even squares, then cut them in half again. These taste great without the chocolate too!
- Dip coconut candy into melted chocolate and then place them carefully on parchment paper. Refrigerate the candy until it is set, 30-45 minutes. Serve and enjoy!