Keto Chicken Bacon Artichoke Soup
This creamy keto chicken bacon artichoke soup is hearty and filling. It’s the perfect soup to warm you up on a chili day!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (approximately 8–10 ounces)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Green onions (optional: for garnishing)
In a 5-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, bacon, salt, and pepper flakes. Cook for 7 to 9 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and the onions are tender. Stir in artichoke hearts and garlic.
Stir in the chicken broth and chicken; heat to boiling over high heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses and heavy cream until cheese melts and soup is smooth.
Nutritional data based on the recipe as listed. If you swap spinach for the artichokes there will be 4g net carbs per serving.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g (7g net carbs)
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 23g