Keto Doughnut Recipe
These keto doughnuts will hit your sweet craving!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 mini doughnuts 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons (2 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener (I use swerve confectioners)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons powdered sweetener (I like swerve)
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to a microwave-safe bowl and set aside. Check notes for alternatives to using the microwave for this recipe.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the egg and mix again.
- Microwave the cheese for 1 minute, checking every 20 secends and mixing the cheeses together. Once the cheeses are melted and look like a round ball of cheese, remove the bowl from the microwave and add the cheese mixture to the food processor.
- Process the ingredinets together until the dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
- Grease the doughnut pan with butter, avocado oil, or coconut oil.
- Scoop the dough into each doughnut mold. Use a spoon or spatula to flatten the dough and scrap off any eccess dough.
- Bake the doughnuts for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the doughnuts cool for 10 minutes before popping them out of the molds.
- Once the doughnuts are cool, dip them in icing or glaze.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of swerve powdered sugar with 1/4 teaspoon of maple glaze, and one teaspoon heavy cream. Use a whisk to mix the glaze. Add water a teaspoon at a time until the glaze is the right consistency.
- Dip the top of the doughnuts into the glaze and set on cookie sheet. Allw the glaze to dry a bit before serving. Enjoy!
*You can melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a double broiler pan over boiling water. Keep an eye on the mixture and mix frequently.
- Serving Size: 1 mini doughnut
- Calories: 79 kcal
- Sugar: .5g
- Sodium: 179mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g (1.3 net carbs)
- Fiber: .8g
- Protein: 4g