Keto Strawberry Shortcake
These coconut flour strawberry shortcakes are served on soft, flaky, buttery sweet biscuits topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 9 strawberry shortcakes 1x
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: american
- Diet: Gluten Free
Strawberries & Whipped Cream Topping:
- 6 cups chopped strawberries (chop them large or small based on your preference)
- ¼ cup erythritol (or keto sugar substitute of choice)
- Homemade whipped cream or dairy-free whipped cream
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, cold and cut into cubes
- ½ cup cold milk or coconut milk or almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk or coconut milk or almond milk for glazing
- Erythritol for sprinkling on top
- In a medium bowl, mix together the strawberries and erythritol and store them in the refrigerator until needed. Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a square or round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter or fork and mix together until it resembles crumbs. You can use a food processor instead and pulse until crumbs form.
- Add milk and eggs, mix the dough until it forms a dough that stays together. Don’t overmix.
- Gently spoon the dough into the cake pan. Try to make the dough even without pressing it down.
- Gently brush milk over the top and sprinkle sugar all over the top.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until the large biscuit is golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before assembling.
- To assemble, cut the biscuit cake into 9 pieces. You can assemble the shortcakes warm or cold. If you are using whipped cream made from coconut cream then I suggest waiting until the shortcakes are 100% cooled because the dairy-free whipped cream will melt.
- Cut the individual biscuit in half and layer with strawberries and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Note: If the cake batter looks too watery to you, add ½ tablespoon of coconut flour at a time until the batter can form a dough.
Nutrition Data: 9.5 net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 shortcake
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 5.5g