Coconut Milk Chia Pudding
This coconut milk chia pudding is a wonderful dessert that’s rich in omega-3s. This recipe is a healthy alternative to high sugar processed desserts. It uses pure maple syrup (or stevia) as a natural sweetener instead of sugar.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups coconut milk (I use this brand)
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (use date paste if you’re following Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- topping: cinnamon, shredded coconut or fresh fruit (optional)
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or beeswax paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- The chia seeds will soak up the coconut milk mixture and will thicken.
- Stir the pudding well before serving and top with cinnamon or fresh fruit.
Nutrition info is based on using full-fat canned coconut milk, swerve sweetener, and white chia seeds.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 31g (9g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 8