Chicken Cilantro Lime Soup is a Mexican soup bursting with lime flavor, chunks of chicken, and tomatoes. This soup is Paleo, gluten-free, keto, and Whole-30 friendly.
- Chop up the garlic, jalapeno peppers, onion, tomatoes, and cauliflower rice. Add to a 3-quart pot with some olive oil and some salt. Saute on medium-high for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast, oregano, cumin, and chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium-low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cooked chicken, and using two forks, shred the chicken and add it back to the pot.
- Add the juice of one lime and chopped cilantro to the pot. Taste the broth and add extra salt if needed.
- Serve the lime soup with slices of avocado and extra lime wedges.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
This recipe is easy to adapt for a slow cooker. Simply place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker (except for the lime juice and cilantro), and turn the heat to high and cook for 4 hours or turn it to low and cook for 6 hours. Before eating, shred the chicken, and add the lime juice and fresh cilantro.