- Author: The Coconut Mama
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 Slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (buy here)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (buy here)
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup (buy here)
- 3 teaspoons gelatin (buy here)
- 2/3 cup organic sugar (I used half coconut sugar, half organic cane sugar)
- 1 cup filtered water, boiling
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 24 ounces organic cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Spread coconut evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the shredded coconut for 7 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Take the shredded coconut out of the oven and allow it to cool.
- Mix shredded coconut, coconut oil and raw honey or maple syrup together.
- Spread the coconut mixture over the bottom of a greased 8 inch springform pan.
- Press the crust evenly over the bottom of them pan.
- Bake crust at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Set the crust aside and allow it to cool.
- Mix gelatin and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the gelatin and sugar.
- Stir and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla, cream cheese and melted coconut butter to the gelatin mixture.
- Use a hand mixer and whip the ingredients together until they are well blended and smooth, about 3 minutes. The batter should be thick and creamy.
- Spoon the coconut cheesecake batter over the cooled coconut crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cheesecake is set, 2-4 hours.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and fruit garnish.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 420
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 284.69mg
- Fat: 31
- Saturated Fat: 22
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.5
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8.5
- Cholesterol: 62.12mg