Coconut Flour Recipe
This coconut flour recipe starts with making fresh coconut milk. Then you use the leftover pulp to make coconut flour. You’ll need a blender and a dehydrator to make coconut flour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4-24 hours
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: coconut flour
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups dried shredded coconut
- Heat the water in a pot but do not let it boil.
- Place the shredded coconut in the blender and add the hot water. Let it steep for about 20-30 minutes, and then blend on high until it is thick and creamy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Strain through a mesh strainer and then strain again through a towel.
- Store the coconut milk in the refrigerator.
- Next, spread the pulp that was leftover from making the milk out on a cookie sheet.
- Use a fork or a whisk to break up the pulp. Try to get as many lumps out as possible.
- Now you can either leave it out for 24 hours to air dry or put it in your oven at the lowest setting for 4 hours. These are the two methods I have tried.
- You can also put it in the dehydrator or put it in your oven overnight with the oven light on. Once it’s dried, throw it back in the blender to make your flour.
- Store the coconut flour in an airtight container.
This recipe makes approximately 2 cups of flour. The nutritional info below reflects one whole cup of flour. Remember, you’ll most likely use that amount in an entire recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 480
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 72g (32g net carbs)
- Fiber: 40g
- Protein: 24g