Coconut Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 whole egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of whey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In food processor or blender, blend first four ingredients until smooth.
- With motor running, slowly pour oil into egg mixture.
- Add whey and mix until blended.
- Season mayonnaise to your preference.
- Cover tightly and leave out on counter for 7 hours before refrigerating.
- Mayonnaise will keep several months in refrigerator.