Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
This Keto Chocolate Mug Cake is made with coconut flour and cocoa powder for a satisfying piece of cake you can make instantly. It takes 5 minutes and is keto, gluten-free, and Paleo-friendly.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp powdered erythritol blend (I used Lakanto)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, liquid + plus a little for greasing the mug
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- First, start by taking a dab of coconut oil or olive oil and coating the inside of a microwave-safe mug.
- In a small bowl, add all of the ingredients.
- Whisk together the batter until combined. It’s ok if the eggs have made some of the coconut oil hard.
- Pour the batter into the coffee mug. Use a spoon to level the batter, so it is smooth.
- Place the unbaked mug cake into the microwave and microwave for 2 ½ minutes. Then check on the mug cake and continue baking in 30-second intervals until baked. It took 3 minutes in my microwave.
- Once baked, eat right away or top with frosting.
Note: The coffee mug will be hot when finished baking, so I recommend using oven mitts to remove it from the microwave. Since this mug cake has a lot of erythritol I suggest consuming it while the cake is warm. Once it is cool the erythritol crystallizes and makes the texture of the cake feel hard.
- Serving Size: 1 mug cake
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 34.4g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7g
- Protein: 9g