Fluffy Keto S’mores Bars on a coconut flour shortbread crust with a chocolate topping are the must-have dessert this summer!
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 3 minutes + cooling time
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Coconut Flour Shortbread Crust
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add all of the crust ingredients and whisk to combine. The crust will be slightly runny. Pour the crust into the baking pan.
- Bake the crust for 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven and place the baking pan on a cooling rack to fully cool.
- Once the crust is fully cooled then make the marshmallow filling. It is best to place the marshmallows on a fully cooled crust so it doesn’t melt and deflate the marshmallow filling. Take a medium-sized saucepan and add the water, gelatin, erythritol, and vanilla. Over low heat, heat until everything has dissolved and then remove from the heat.
- Place the marshmallow filling in a bowl and then using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the filling for about 8 to 15 minutes, starting on medium and then switching to high, until the marshmallow mixture looks like marshmallow fluff and is starting to hold its shape. Quickly pour the marshmallow filling over the crust and smooth it into place. If the marshmallow filling has become too stiff, simply remelt it and then beat it again.
- Place the crust and filling in the fridge to fully set. Mine set within 5 minutes but it could take up to an hour for yours to set depending on how much you beat it. If your marshmallow filling sets unevenly, like mine, simply take a knife and cut off any uneven parts.
- Next, make the chocolate topping once the marshmallow filling has set. Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan or a microwaveable bowl. Either melt the chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, or in your microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Slowly spread the filling over the marshmallow filling. I suggest doing a little at a time because the hot chocolate will melt the marshmallow. Take a spatula and spread the chocolate to make it smooth. Place the dessert in the refrigerator to fully set, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into 16 bars.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 23.3g
- Carbohydrates: 23g (4.6g net carbs)
- Protein: 10g