- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Butter
- 20–40 Drops of Orange Essential Oil
- A stand mixer with a whisk attachment is the best tool for this recipe, but a hand mixer can also work. A blender or food processor won’t work for this body butter recipe because these appliances typically get too warm, which can prevent the oil from whipping up properly.
- Melt the coconut oil and cocoa butter gently in a sauce pan. They don’t need to get hot, just warm enough to melt. Transfer the mixture to your mixing bowl and add the orange essential oil.
- Put the mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture is partially solid (you don’t want it all the way solid, or it will cause clumps).
- Mix on medium-high speed for 5-8 minutes, or until it’s light and fluffy. You can scrape the sides of the bowl every minute or two to prevent clumps.
- Use a spoon or a rubber spatula to transfer your orange chocolate body butter to a glass jar or storage container. Store tightly covered at room temperature.