Learn how to make this delicious homemade orange chocolate whipped body butter made with coconut oil, cocoa butter and orange essential oil!
This body butter recipe combines the moisturizing power of coconut oil with the heavenly smell of cocoa butter and orange essential oil. The recipe is simple and only takes a few minutes to prepare–which is a good thing, because once your friends and family catch on to why you smell so delicious, they’ll be begging you to make more for them!
Orange Chocolate Whipped Body Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Butter
- 20–40 Drops of Orange Essential Oil
- A stand mixer with a whisk attachment is the best tool for this recipe, but a hand mixer can also work. A blender or food processor won’t work for this body butter recipe because these appliances typically get too warm, which can prevent the oil from whipping up properly.
- Melt the coconut oil and cocoa butter gently in a sauce pan. They don’t need to get hot, just warm enough to melt. Transfer the mixture to your mixing bowl and add the orange essential oil.
- Put the mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture is partially solid (you don’t want it all the way solid, or it will cause clumps).
- Mix on medium-high speed for 5-8 minutes, or until it’s light and fluffy. You can scrape the sides of the bowl every minute or two to prevent clumps.
- Use a spoon or a rubber spatula to transfer your orange chocolate body butter to a glass jar or storage container. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
This Orange Chocolate Whipped Body Butter recipe is a guest post by Elizabeth of The Nourished Life! Please head over to The Nourished Life and check out Elizabeth’s book, The Nourished Metabolism(this is my favorite book about metabolism and weight loss) and don’t forget to follow The Nourished Life on Facebook!
Elizabeth Walling is a health and wellness blogger at The Nourished Life and author of The Nourished Metabolism. She enjoys thinking outside of the box and challenging common myths about health. She embraces an approach to getting healthy that includes listening to your body and throwing dietary dogma out the window where it belongs. Read more about Elizabeth here.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.