This coffee body scrub exfoliates and moisturizes the skin.
Our skin is the largest organ in our body. It absorbs 60% – 80% of what it comes in contact with. When you use commercial cosmetic products, lotions, perfume, oils and scrubs, all of the ingredients in those products absorb right into your blood stream. The ingredients in these products can be toxic and are even known to attribute to allergies, cancer and birth defects.
That is why I love to make my own beauty products. I know exactly what I am applying to my skin. The ingredients I use are natural ingredients that I have in my kitchen! I also love the fact that my kids get to grow up free of the toxic overload from the body products we use in our home.
Several years ago I worked for a Bath and Body company. I fell in love with their coffee and cocoa scrubs. The coffee scrub was known to help reduce cellulite. I found that the coffee scrub really helped to firm and smooth my skin.
I recently found out that it is the caffeine in the scrub that supposedly helps reduce cellulite. I do not claim that this scrub will reduce cellulite (though that would be an added bonus) but I will tell you that coffee and coconut oil are rich in antioxidants, which are very beneficial for the skin.
My coffee body scrub also smells amazing! I am a die-hard coffee lover, so I am in heaven when I use it!
Coffee Body Scrub with Coconut Oil
- Melt coconut oil and allow it to cool but not solidify.
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container or mason jar.
- Use 1-2 times a week (or every day if you like).
Finding quick and easy keto recipes that fit with your lifestyle and schedule can be difficult. That’s why Jen Fisch, the blogger behind Keto in The City and a busy working mom, shares her favorite stress-free keto meals in The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook. With 130 recipes that require no more than 5-ingredients, including many one-pot or 30-minute recipes, this cookbook offers a simple solution to keeping the ketogenic diet easy.The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook includes:
- 130 Recipes for keto-friendly breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- 5-Ingredient Recipes for stress-free cooking
- One Pot Meals for fast prep and clean-up
- Time Saving for ready-made meals in 30-minutes or less
- Ketogenic diet recipes include: BLT Breakfast Salad, Broccoli-Cheese Soup, Baked Zucchini Gratin, Garlic Butter Shrimp, Barbacoa Beef Roast, Berry Cheesecake Fat Bomb, and much more!