This moisturizing lemon sugar scrub will leave your skin feeling soft and refreshed and comes together in less than 5 minutes!
Sugar scrubs are excellent for exfoliating the skin and are an inexpensive beauty treatment. This lemon sugar scrub is made with organic cane sugar, coconut oil, olive oil, raw honey, fresh lemon, and essential oils.
While I love my basic sugar scrub recipe, I sometimes like to add other skin-loving ingredients to my body care products to change things up.
I added olive oil and raw honey to this lemon sugar scrub, both known for their hydrating properties.
I love the way this lemon scrub smells. It’s so refreshing and invigorating!
How To Make Lemon Sugar Scrub
Juice and zest the lemon. Then melt the coconut oil and mix it with the raw honey, olive oil, and lemon essential oil. Add the sugar and mix well.
If you prefer a creamy textured sugar scrub, you can add the sugar scrub to a food processor and process it until it’s smooth.
Essential Oil Safety Tip
Citrus essential oils are phototoxic and should not be used on the skin prior to being exposed to the sun. This sugar scrub should not be used before going outside in the sun.
Lemon Sugar Scrub
- mixing bowl
- glass jar
- (optional) food processor
- 2 1/1 tbsp coconut oil, melted virgin or fractionated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey (optional – great for softening the skin)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 zest one lemon
- 5-10 drops lemon essential oil* see note on safety with citrus oils
- Juice and zest 1 lemon.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, or microwave for 10-15 seconds. Mix the honey into the warm coconut oil.
- Then add in the olive oil and lemon essential oil.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sugar into a medium bowl. Add the oil and honey mixture and mix well.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and mix until combined.
- If you would like the sugar scrub to have a creamy texture, you may use a food processor to blend the scrub together into a creamy paste. This still works great to exfoliate the skin!
- Store in an air-tight container. Use within 2 weeks.