This homemade body butter recipe is soft and white, almost like a cloud! It’s nourishing and will leave your skin feeling super soft.
If you’ve followed me for any length of time you know I’m a DIYer and particularly love to make my own beauty products.
Homemade body butter is an easy DIY project for anyone. It’s so simple, all you have to do is melt and whip lovely oils together in a KitchenAid and voila! Beautiful body butter!
While I love my basic whipped coconut oil moisturizer, it can be a little greasy and it also melts at room temperature. I needed a good moisturizer that wasn’t too oily so I decided to play around with some of my favorite plant-based butters and came up with this lovely body butter recipe.
I seriously love the way this homemade body butter feels and smells. It’s also very nourishing and will leave your skin feeling super soft.
I use this body butter on my sensitive skin and on my children. You can leave it as it is or add essential oils to create an amazing smelling body butter for yourself of as a gift
This whipped homemade body butter is versatile! Add different essential oils to each batch.
Below are some of my favorite essential oils to use in this homemade body butter recipe:
- Peppermint (15-20 drops). You’ll smell like a candy cane! Great for the holidays
- Frankincense & Lavender (15 drops each), this mix promotes beautiful skin!
- Stress Away & Lavender (20 drops of Stress Away and 10 drops of Lavender), this mix is very relaxing!
- Grapefruit & Lime (20 drops each). This smells AMAZING!! Just be careful not to wear this outside since citrus oils are photosensitive.
Homemade Body Butter Recipe
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Move to the fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy. Add essential oils and whip for another minute.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid.