This calming magnesium body butter combines the healing benefits of coconut oil, organic cocoa butter and essential oils with topical magnesium oil.
Whether it be the holiday aftermath or day-to-day life, stress can wear you down and negatively affect your health for the worse.
I fell behind on meal planning, housework and got into the bad habit of staying up way too late this winter. This resulted in a tired unorganized mama!
The more I fell behind the more stressed I’ve been feeling day in and day out.
Which resulted in sugar cravings…
and lots of chocolate.
Stress can deplete the body of magnesium and magnesium deficiency can lead to a ton of health problems.
I’m getting back on track now. What’s helping more than anything is, yep you guest it. SLEEP.
I’ve been forcing myself to go to bed by 9pm every night. Even if I don’t feel tired, I go to bed.
I’m taking my natural calm daily and I’m rubbing my belly and feet down with my calming magnesium body butter.
Taking magnesium transdermally (topically) is one of the best ways to get this magnesium into your body.
Adding essential oils like Lavender, Frankincense or Stress Away can benefit any stressed out mama. These oils help to alleviate stress and relax the whole body.
If you’re feeling stressed try getting more sleep, start your day with yoga and rub some calming magnesium body butter on your feet before bed. Soon you’ll be feeling zen and back to your normal self!Print
Calming Magnesium Body Butter
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Butter
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Carrier Oil (I like to use fractionated coconut oil)
- 1/4 Cup Magnesium Oil
- 10 – 15 Drops of Essential Oils (I like to use Lavender, Cederwood and Frankincense)
- Use a double boiler and melt the coconut oil and cocoa butter over medium heat.
- Once both oils are melted, add liquid carrier oil and magnesium oil.
- Stir the oils and allow them to cool.
- Once the oils are cooled and hard you will want to whip them into a body butter.
- Use a hand mixer and whip the oils together.
- Add essential oils and continue to whip until the body butter is light and fluffy.
- Store body butter in a air tight container.
- Keeps for 6 months.