Say goodby to dry chapped lips! This homemade lip balm nourishes and heals dry lips with coconut oil, honey, and essential oils.
Have you ever made lip balm before?
I was a little intimidated when I first started making my own beauty products. I never thought of myself as a DIYer but once I started I realized how easy it was to make my own products. And it’s a ton of fun!!
Homemade lip balm is one of the easiest beauty products you can make. It took me less than 5 minutes to make this recipe and I made enough to last a year!
My 6-year-old daughter loves makeup and is always getting into my lip balms and mineral makeup. Most over the counter beauty products contain ingredients that are toxic and linked to reproductive abnormalities. I don’t worry about how my beauty products affect her because I make them all myself with natural ingredients.
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey (you can use any honey, but raw is my favorite and contains antioxidants)
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
What Is Carnauba Wax?
“Carnauba wax is obtained from of a species of sustainably grown palm known as the “Tree of Life” or Copernica cerifera. These indigenous trees flourish in northeastern Brazil and are a different species than the palms planted purely for their oil. The wax is derived from the leaf of this tree, and harvesting is done via manual pruning once a year, allowing the tree to continue growing for decades.” – Mountain Rose Herbs
Shop Ingredients For Homemade Lip Balm:
Links in the post are Amazon affiliate links to products I use and love.
If you’re looking for a homemade lip balm recipe without honey, try this coconut oil lip balm. It’s made with coconut oil, olive oil, and wax (beeswax or carnauba wax) and stores well in lip balm tins.Print
Homemade Lip Balm with Coconut Oil, Lavender & Honey
- Yield: 12 bottles 1x
- Remove the lids from the lip balm tubes and secure upright with a large rubber band.
- Melt the coconut oil and beeswax together in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in raw honey, sweet almond oil and essential oils.
- Pour the mixture into the upright tubes.
- Allow the lip balm to set and then cap the containers.