Are you looking for homemade natural makeup recipes that really work? I’ve tested several recipes and I’ve found a few amazing DIY makeup tutorials that I LOVE! I hope you find these recipes and tutorials helpful on your natural living journey!
I don’t wear makeup that often. When I do wear makeup, I like to use non-toxic makeup made without harsh chemicals.
I have sensitive skin that’s prone to breakouts and when I wear makeup from the drugstore my face can break out pretty bad. Once I stopped wearing makeup I found that my skin stayed clear. I was afraid to wear makeup for a long time but then I did some research and found that natural mineral makeup isn’t harsh and can be worn by people like me with sensitive skin.
I gave it a try and found that my skin does well with natural makeup. Since I don’t wear makeup often I’ve decided to make my own and save money! What I love most about making my own natural makeup is that I know exactly what’s in my makeup. Most of the ingredients used are edible!
Update: I made my own makeup for a few years and loved it! Now that I work full-time I don’t have the time to make it anymore. After doing some research I found a brand of make up that I love and that are free from the garbage ingredients in most cosmetics. If you’re looking for a healthy make-up that you can safely use I recommend this one!
Here’s a list of the ingredients I use to make my natural makeup:
- Activated Charcoal
- Arrowroot powder
- Cocoa powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Hibiscus Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Aloe vera
- Clay powder
- Zinc oxide
- Mica powder
- Jojoba oil
- Olive Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
The Coconut Mama is a participant of Amazon’s affiliate program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through them. This helps me maintain my site. Thank you for your support!
Homemade Natural Makeup Recipes
Here’s a list of my favorite homemade natural makeup recipes and tutorials. I hope you find them helpful on your natural living journey. 🙂
- All Natural Powder Foundation by Thank Your Body
- Smooth Finish DIY Organic Foundation by Scratch Mommy
- Homemade Foundation Powder by Live Simply
- DIY Natural Foundation Powder by A Blossoming Life
- All Natural Homemade Mascara by Thank Your Body
- Seaweed Mascara by Butter Nutrition
- Homemade All Natural Mascara by A Blossoming Life
- Natural Mascara for Long Lashes by Real Food RN
- DIY Blush by Thank Your Body
- Beet Root Blush Recipe by Butter Nutrition
- Natural Homemade Blush by A Blossoming Life
- Natural Blush Recipe by Wellness Mama
- Hibiscus Blush by How To Just About Anything
Homemade Lipstick or Lip Gloss
- Homemade Natural Lipstick Recipe by Wellness Mama
- Natural Tinted Lip Balm by Thank Your Body
- DIY Natural Tinted Lip Gloss by The Healthy Honeys
- Red DIY Lipstick by Gingerly Made
- Homemade Tinted Lip Balm by Little Homesteaders
- Homemade Coconut Oil Lip Balm by Me (The Coconut Mama)
- All Natural Bronzer by Thank Your Body
- Bronzing Lotion Bars by Wellness Mama
- Homemade Bronzer by A Blossoming Life
Homemade Makeup Remover
I use coconut oil to remove my makeup (you can read my list of reasons I use coconut oil in my bathroom here) but some skin types break out when coconut oil is used on the face. In that case, this 2 ingredient makeup remover recipe from my friend Lauren of Empowered Substance works great and is gentle for those who can’t use coconut oil.
Looking for more makeup recipes?
My friend Lori of Health Extremist is the author of a wonderful little ebook called, Make Your Own Makeup: 100+ Recipes Made With Organic Food & Minerals. She has over 100 DIY makeup recipes for every kind and color of makeup you’d like to make. You’ll learn how to make non-toxic makeup from organic food and minerals with this 121 page guide with easy recipes mostly 1-4 ingredients, that can be made in just a few minutes.