I’ve used coconut oil as a natural makeup remover for years. Now I use these homemade makeup remover pads as an easy way to clean my face without the mess!
I’ve used coconut oil as a natural makeup remover for years. My only issue with using just coconut oil to take my makeup off is that it usually stain my wash cloth.
Enter my homemade makeup remover pads with coconut oil! The coconut oil and castile soap cleanse and wipe the makeup off my face and the pad can be tossed in the trash. No mess!
I love these makeup remover pads for 2 reasons.
Reason One – When I go to bed I’m usually pretty out of it and the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time in the bathroom washing my face. In other words I’m lazy and these are so easy and quick to use that it doesn’t take but a few seconds to wash my face before bed.
Reason Two – I recently moved and my skin has been DRY. Since I started using these makeup remover pads my face is much more soft and smooth in the mornings.
Homemade Makeup Remover Pads
- Place cotton pads in the glass jar.
- In a small bowl mix the fractional coconut oil and castile soap together.
- Pour mixture over cotton pads.
- Press down on the pads so the soap and coconut oil evenly absorb into them.
- Pour distilled water over pads, just enough wet the pads.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake (this helps to evenly distribute the liquid over the pads).
How To Use: Use one pad at a time to remove makeup from your face. Dispose of pad after use. Keep the lid on the jar to prevent the pads from drying out.