Exfoliate and nourish your skin with this Himalayan salt scrub recipe. This DIY scrub is simple to make and only uses 3 ingredients!
Salt scrubs are a great way to pamper your skin, especially during the winter when skin tends to dry out. This salt scrub uses mineral-rich Himalayan salt along with coconut oil, almond oil, and essential oils.
While you can use only coconut oil for this recipe, I prefer to use a mix of both coconut and almond oil for ease of use. Almond oil (or other carrier oils like avocado oil) are liquid at room temperature and will not solidify. This makes for a body scrub that is soft and easy to use!
Related: Epsom Salt Scrub With Coconut Oil
Himalayan Salt Scrub Ingredients
Just a handful of ingredients for this fantastic Himalayan salt scrub, so make them count!
I’ve linked to some of my favorites.
- 1 cup Himalayan salt, fine ground
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (here’s how I picked my top coconut oil to buy – also, you can always just make coconut oil at home)
- 3 tablespoons almond oil
- (optional) 5-10 drops of essential oils (here’s my in-depth explainer on essential oils)
DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub Recipe
Step 1: Gather your ingredients, tools, and choose which essential oils you’d like to use to scent your scrub.
A popular choice is lavender, which is relaxing and is soothing to the skin. Peppermint is also great and has a cooling sensation on the skin.
Step 2: Mix the salt, carrier oils, and essential oils together in a bowl or food processor. If you use the food processor, the salt scrub will have a lovely creamy texture.
Lastly, our the scrub mixture into a jar or preferred storage container. Secure with a lid and label it with a title and date. The scrub will be good for 6 months as long as it’s stored in a cool dark place.
Complimentary DIY’s: Try making this DIY Body Butter Recipe to use after exfoliating with the Himalayan salt scrub. It’s a lovely whipped body butter that’s great for all skin types. Coconut oil lotion bars are another great choice to moisturize dry skin.
- Mix the salt, coconut oil, and almond oil together in a bowl or food processor.
- Mix until combined.
- Add in essential oils and mix until incorporated into the scrub.
- Pour the salt scrub into a jar or container and secure it with a lid.
- Lable and date the scrub.
This body scrub will last several months if stored in a cool dry place.
To use, scoop 1-2 tablespoons of scrub out of the container and use to exfoliate in the shower or bath.