After a year of handling the burning under my armpits, I gave up and looked for a new homemade deodorant without baking soda. This unique recipe doesn’t irritate my skin!
If you’ve tried to make deodorant and found that your pits couldn’t handle the baking soda, you’re not alone!
I spent a year trying to control the burning under my armpits from homemade deodorant and store-bought natural deodorant. They all gave me a rash! I gave up and looked for a new homemade deodorant without baking soda. This new formula works and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.
Why I Don’t Use Commercial Deodorant
Have you looked at the ingredients on your container of Deodorant? Talk about a long list of ingredients you can’t pronounce! I don’t put anything on my skin I wouldn’t eat, and there is no way I’m eating store-bought Deodorant. Also, recent research suggests that aluminum found in Deodorant may be linked to Alzheimer’s and breast cancer. No Bueno!
If you’re not sensitive to baking soda, my coconut oil deodorant is amazing and works really well. However, if you have sensitive skin, try this recipe below!
About the ingredients:
- Coconut Oil – This favorite oil of mine has natural antibacterial properties that help kill bacteria that cause underarm odors.
- Shea Butter – Contains cinnamic acid, which reduces skin inflammation and helps to soothe skin.
- Beeswax – Used to help ingredients from melting and for effortless glide.
- Vitamin E – High in antioxidants and expands the shelf life of homemade products.
- Essential Oils – Lavender to help soothe and heal skin, melaleuca to help kill bacteria, and sage because it’s one of the most effective essential oils that can be used as a natural deodorant and because its antihydrotic herb with the innate ability to decrease perspiration.
Homemade Deodorant Without Baking Soda
This recipe fills a 2 ounce deodorant container. You can reuse an old empty deodorant container or purchase them online
- Use a double boiler to melt beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil.
- Once all three ingredients are completely melted, remove them from the heat to cool.
- Add vitamin E oil and essential oils to the melted oils and beeswax.
- Mix well and carefully pour the into deodorant container.