- Author: Tiffany
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 medium to large size pot
- food processor or blender
- sharp knife for cutting veggies
- 4 cups sprouted lentils
- 6 cups mineral rich vegetable broth (recipe coming soon!) or homemade bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 green chili or jalapeno pepper, chopped (add more or less according to your spicy preference)
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced or shredded
- shredded raw cheese or pepper jack cheese
- onions, chopped
- sour cream
- Pour broth, lentils and seasonings in a medium size pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until lentils are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of lentils and puree them in food processor or blender. Add lentil puree back to soup. Add diced carrots and bell pepper to soup.
- Continue to cook until veggies are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
- Top each bowl with your favorite toppings. Serve with Baked Coconut Oil Corn Tortilla Chips and a slice of lime.